Share | 

Character Types

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Flapper
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Character Types   Mon Dec 21, 2009 10:34 pm

We would have to set up an area in the dream that can facilitate random roleplay, so that we don't exactly need a bunch of people on at a time to have a functional roleplay. We can't coordinate events for every day :\

Maybe a club or bar, or something like that. Those tend to be popular roleplay areas, but we should definitely try and avoid making that area the only place to roleplay.

Anyway, it's still up in the air. Does anybody else have a theme suggestion?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://i48.tinypic.com/jpcwg4.png
Eva

PostSubject: Re: Character Types   Mon Dec 21, 2009 10:38 pm

Flappers would be the the sex part according to wikipedia

can we have cops too?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://imperfectpearl.net
Sync

PostSubject: Re: Character Types   Mon Dec 21, 2009 10:39 pm

i like that idea actually.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Foster

PostSubject: Re: Character Types   Mon Dec 21, 2009 10:42 pm

>according to wikipedia.

well there's your problem... (flappers aren't really all that SEX EVERYWHERE, more of "fuck da system n restraints")

i don't have any other theme suggestions, btw.

also, anyone else got a problem with canons? i'm sure a few of us would love to make the canons we have work with the alt 1920s era.

Last edited by january on Mon Dec 21, 2009 10:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sync

PostSubject: Re: Character Types   Mon Dec 21, 2009 10:43 pm

i'd love to warp sync into that time period...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Flapper
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Character Types   Mon Dec 21, 2009 10:43 pm

Maybe Mob vs. Cops, then. That's a good idea.

Flappers do tend to be kinda whorey... but we don't really have to roleplay them that way. We can just take the image, minus the casual sex.
Back to top Go down
Foster

PostSubject: Re: Character Types   Mon Dec 21, 2009 10:48 pm

i am totally on the mob side

ALSO what we were saying was that mobs v cops shouldn't be the only thing, but as a basis for the plot. with the great depression coming up in the 1930s and that stuff and with WWI just finishing up.

as a basis, yes, but as the only plot? no.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Geneva

PostSubject: Re: Character Types   Mon Dec 21, 2009 10:52 pm

i love the 1920's theme idea. my bird anthro would totally make it as a flapper.

i think i even still have the alt Flapper....

Would definitely have to pick a time theme and roll with it. That will make things a lot easier. I say open to all kinds of critters except for ferals, unless you're Al Capone's guard dog or something...

As for Flappers, promiscuity would be fine without making it a Furn dream. It was a huge part of life back then. And this was we can modernize Furc a bit.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/unbridled_at_dusk
Flapper
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Character Types   Mon Dec 21, 2009 10:53 pm

Hey, if you're on Furc right now, `join Wings. We can have an unofficial meeting.
Back to top Go down
Sapphirus

PostSubject: Re: Character Types   Mon Dec 21, 2009 11:19 pm

january wrote:
Sapphirus wrote:
Hmm.. I know nothing about the Mob life hmm...though have watched movies based off it. Sounds like an interested idea though, it's just it's usually adult based, unless you have some young characters playing a role in like, training to be part of the group from the leader or something...

the only adult themes are drugs and guns. so no sex... i don't think anyone here wants to yiff anyway.......

Agreed.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bassist

PostSubject: Re: Character Types   Tue Dec 22, 2009 5:48 am

I think it sounds like a great idea, and I could possibly make one of my characters into a flapper as I'm not really sure I'd like combat as much.

I'm not sure I can make her into one any more, now that I've read the specifics as to what Wings wants, she has both crazy markings and wings, but I'll be glad to use my character Bassist as a musician.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Black Rain

PostSubject: Re: Character Types   Tue Dec 22, 2009 6:24 am

I honestly do not want cannon characters nor, Humans in this.
If this is a furry rp then, let's keep it that way.
It doesn't have to be a Dragonlands roleplay.

I'm not with the idea of gangs vs cops ethire. There's plenty of that rp in the ghetto dreams. And, City dreams that are in AI.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Flapper
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Character Types   Tue Dec 22, 2009 11:55 am

Well... a bunch of us ended up meeting in game, and we ended up making a whole bunch of decisions, and I apologize for not including everybody in it, but I will be updating in the meeting logs with a summary of what went on since it was unofficial.

People seemed to be really enthusiastic about it. It's looking more like our roleplay won't contain a whole lot of real police enforcement, since the police will probably be corrupt and get paid off by the mafia and such.

Bassist, a musician would be amazing. We can have live music at the Speakeasy. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Black Rain

PostSubject: Re: Character Types   Tue Dec 22, 2009 1:11 pm

You shouldn't have made any decisions without everyone being there to give their ideas and suggestions.
Why not instead of deciding for people, actually, wait until everyone is there and Then make a decision on the theme.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sync

PostSubject: Re: Character Types   Tue Dec 22, 2009 1:18 pm

bear in mind this did include a large majority of the people interested (5/6? i forget). maybe about 2 who stated their interest (posted on the faz forums)i never heard from and you're the only one whose adamantly opposing the idea.

if you think you have something better than what we've come up with, then please give it to us instead of just shooting what we've come up with down. we have a couple of people who are going to solely roleplay humans in this dream(myself included), and aren't going to be satisfied about hearing your "suggestions".
Back to top Go down
View user profile
joel

PostSubject: Re: Character Types   Tue Dec 22, 2009 1:49 pm

january wrote:
Eevee wrote:
What's the age rating we're going toward?

If E8+ I don't think mobsters would be a great idea :B

at the LEAST, T+ i think the youngest one here is like 15?
i'm pretty mature for my age, at least.
i'd be fine with mostly anything. other than yiffing lolol.

edit
i support the city idea.

Last edited by joel on Tue Dec 22, 2009 1:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Flapper
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Character Types   Tue Dec 22, 2009 1:52 pm

I wish I could have gotten everyone together first, but I'll admit to being overexcited and not thinking about it when I discovered that quite a few people were online. When they agreed to the 1920's ideas, well, everybody got excited and we wanted to see progress.

I apologize for not accommodating to everyone. That may very well be impossible anyway. But, I am the Rah, and I do have to make executive decisions. What we came up with last night were all things that I and everybody else were willing to work with and I thought everything was reasonable.

If you really don't want humans, we will listen to you. Nothing is set in stone at this point. However, you need to tell us exactly why you think that's a bad idea. Also, as Sync stated, there are already a few human characters (I myself will have one of them and a human with animal features). There is no reason why furries and humans can't coexist. It could be a good plot device later on.

By the way, I am on Furc and probably will be all day if you want to ask questions/discuss things. The simple dream we had uploaded last night is still up. It's just me and Eva at the moment.
Back to top Go down
joel

PostSubject: Re: Character Types   Tue Dec 22, 2009 2:18 pm

Flapper wrote:
By the way, I am on Furc and probably will be all day if you want to ask questions/discuss things. The simple dream we had uploaded last night is still up. It's just me and Eva at the moment.
what's the dream's URL?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Flapper
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Character Types   Tue Dec 22, 2009 2:25 pm

It's just uploaded under the name Wings. It's a simple room with a table and a few chairs. Eva's idling, so I'm the only awake one. Razz I'm logged on as Flapper.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: The Boss!   Wed Dec 23, 2009 6:14 am

Hello,
I woulden't have come here to post until Sapphirus the COP :3 dragged me here. Yet it does sound fun.
Anywho you all know why I'm here. I have come to play the part as Godfather. If I do not get that role I do not wish to contribute. Please let me know.
Sorry January, but Al Capone works for the Godfather. x)
Thanks

GF

`The Furcadian Mafia Thanks you.
Back to top Go down
Bassist

PostSubject: Re: Character Types   Wed Dec 23, 2009 7:10 am

I think this dream will be different than the other mob/gang related ones that are sitting in AI, with the fact that we're setting it in the 1920's and also because we've got a somewhat established community already.

If you're not keen on the idea, just try it, the worst you could do is not like it. Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Foster

PostSubject: Re: Character Types   Wed Dec 23, 2009 1:18 pm

Godfather wrote:
Hello,
I woulden't have come here to post until Sapphirus the COP :3 dragged me here. Yet it does sound fun.
Anywho you all know why I'm here. I have come to play the part as Godfather. If I do not get that role I do not wish to contribute. Please let me know.
Thanks

GF

congratulations, i don't think you read the other topics to see what roles people are playing.

we're not establishing mobs yet.

also: don't fucking whisper me like i'm your buddy. i'm not, and i don't appreciate getting condescending whispers from people like you. i don't like getting whispers period.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Flapper
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Character Types   Wed Dec 23, 2009 3:08 pm

medic wrote:
Godfather wrote:
Hello,
Thanks

GF

congratulations, i don't think you read the other topics to see what roles people are playing.

we're not establishing mobs yet.

also: don't fucking whisper me like i'm your buddy. i'm not, and i don't appreciate getting condescending whispers from people like you. i don't like getting whispers period.

Now now, children. Let's all try to get along.

But, like Medic said, we will not be establishing a mob yet. I also don't really like your lack of enthusiasm. It's like playing tag, but only if you're "it". We want people who are going to commit to being a part of the dream. Many of us will be playing multiple characters of different types.

Thank you, but this offer is one we can refuse.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Character Types   Wed Dec 23, 2009 3:57 pm

Then don't post like an idiot saying you want to play "Al Capone". Which you could never to effectively because you know nothing about italian heritage. It's okay. I was just curious. Sapphirus told me to give this a try and so I did. Anyway, I don't this people should be taking roles of MOB figures if their is no mob. I won't check this forums again so there is no point in posting again. Later noobs.

GF (Owner of Furcadian Mafia)
Back to top Go down
Flapper
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Character Types   Wed Dec 23, 2009 4:02 pm

I'M NOT PLAYING WITH YOU ANYMORE. TT_TT
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Character Types   

Back to top Go down

Character Types