The City of Gatsby
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The City of Gatsby

Where will you fit in?

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Character Types

Go down 
+7
Sapphirus
Eva
joel
Butter
Sync
Foster
Flapper
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Flapper
Admin
Flapper

Character Types Empty
PostSubject: Character Types   Character Types I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 21, 2009 9:29 pm

It was suggested that before we pick a theme, we should see what kinds of characters people want to play.

Furres will probably be on that list, of course.

We also need to discuss if we are going to allow humans and/or humans with animal traits. I would personally say that either would be fine, but that's just my opinion. Of course I'm biased, since I would prefer to roleplay Wings without a beak. rabbit

I would also suggest creatures from the Furcadian Bestiary, but it comes from a continuity that supposedly doesn't include humans (HMMMMM?!) and doesn't have bird anthros (HMMMM HMMMM?).

Maybe it would be good to suggest time periods here, too. I 'unno.
Back to top Go down
https://2img.net/h/oi48.tinypic.com/jpcwg4.png
Foster

Foster

Character Types Empty
PostSubject: Re: Character Types   Character Types I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 21, 2009 9:34 pm

FIRST POST CLAIM ILL EDIT i\'m really bored and really have nothing better

okay edit:

mine are mostly boring (to most) moderns with no special powers or w/e but that\'s how i like \'em. january, amputate, ravenholm, and ronnie (who is a mod wolf fuck year mighty boosh). and my only exception is tobacco/ex-chuch who is a gunslinging cowboy from the old west (we tried this before but it never went far LOL).

i have some fan characters from TF2 (medic and soldier) and taylor (harry potter) but i doubt they\'ll be relevant.

another thing to ponder: would completely canon characters be acceptable? because depending on the situation, i can make an ex-masked vigilante and zombie apocalypse survivor fit together in any plot especially if it has vince noir in it. >:3

ALSO FIGHTING WOULD BE AWESOME I LOVE TO RP FIGHTS

FUUUUUCKK YOOUUUU FIRST IS BEST what the fuck is with the \s.

also my characters range from the late 1800s to now. significant years: 2009/10, 1890, mid 1990s, mid 1980s.

here is a site i made yesterday w/ all my chars: http://dialecticchaos.webs.com/

i keep editing this post

Last edited by january on Mon Dec 21, 2009 9:49 pm; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
Sync

Sync

Character Types Empty
PostSubject: Re: Character Types   Character Types I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 21, 2009 9:36 pm

SECOND IS THE BESTS LOLOLOL
Back to top Go down
Butter

Butter

Character Types Empty
PostSubject: Re: Character Types   Character Types I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 21, 2009 9:39 pm

no sparkle dogs. period.

third post is a charm. ):<
Back to top Go down
joel

joel

Character Types Empty
PostSubject: Re: Character Types   Character Types I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 21, 2009 9:43 pm

//edit

most characters that i have or may create would probably be within the modern times. but some could apply to any.

i love combat rp, and i once had a character that i planned to use solely for it, but i don't have the alt anymore; but i could simply recreate the design to a separate name. but it's a bit more towards the unrealistic combat, the character is a creature.

i think humans should be allowed, as well as humans with certain animal-like physical characteristics.

idkk.

Last edited by joel on Tue Dec 22, 2009 1:45 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Eva

Eva

Character Types Empty
PostSubject: Re: Character Types   Character Types I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 21, 2009 9:47 pm

I'm fine with humans and humans with animal features like ears and tails.

As for including some of Furcadia's bestiary, are we making something new or basing it off of Furcadia's world? I don't know anyone who roleplays for Furcadia's world or has a character based on it.
Back to top Go down
http://imperfectpearl.net
Flapper
Admin
Flapper

Character Types Empty
PostSubject: Re: Character Types   Character Types I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 21, 2009 9:56 pm

We should probably be separate from the Dragonlands. Nobody roleplays Dragonlands anymore.

Does anybody here like the idea of a Roaring 20's theme? Flappers and mobsters, and the like. It wouldn't exactly fit everybody's character, but really, what continuity fits everybody? XD

Characters from other canons... um, maybe if you made them relevant to the continuity, but maybe they would have to be approved first. What do you guys think?

And yes. No sparkledogs. Or Mary Sue. Or double-divine goddesses.
Back to top Go down
Foster

Foster

Character Types Empty
PostSubject: Re: Character Types   Character Types I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 21, 2009 10:04 pm

Wings wrote:
Does anybody here like the idea of a Roaring 20's theme? Flappers and mobsters, and the like. It wouldn't exactly fit everybody's character, but really, what continuity fits everybody? XD

i would TOTALLY mess with my characters to fit that i claim the equivalent of al capone
Back to top Go down
Butter

Butter

Character Types Empty
PostSubject: Re: Character Types   Character Types I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 21, 2009 10:05 pm

ahh. mobsters sounds pretty badass.
Back to top Go down
Flapper
Admin
Flapper

Character Types Empty
PostSubject: Re: Character Types   Character Types I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 21, 2009 10:08 pm

And base it in a furre-friendly equivalent of Chicago? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Foster

Foster

Character Types Empty
PostSubject: Re: Character Types   Character Types I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 21, 2009 10:09 pm

do it
Back to top Go down
Flapper
Admin
Flapper

Character Types Empty
PostSubject: Re: Character Types   Character Types I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 21, 2009 10:10 pm

Let's get some more people's opinions first. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Foster

Foster

Character Types Empty
PostSubject: Re: Character Types   Character Types I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 21, 2009 10:17 pm

alternate reality/history 1920s

im just tossing out ideas...
Back to top Go down
Eva

Eva

Character Types Empty
PostSubject: Re: Character Types   Character Types I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 21, 2009 10:20 pm

What's the age rating we're going toward?

If E8+ I don't think mobsters would be a great idea :B
Back to top Go down
http://imperfectpearl.net
Flapper
Admin
Flapper

Character Types Empty
PostSubject: Re: Character Types   Character Types I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 21, 2009 10:23 pm

Yeah, something that kind of fits the general idea and feel of that era, but perhaps not too strictly. Maybe being slightly more technologically advanced and such.

Since people like combat roleplay, there's a lot of potential for gang fights and bar brawls. Razz

I don't think everyone involved so far is very young, right? We're probably more befitting for an older age range anyway.
Back to top Go down
Foster

Foster

Character Types Empty
PostSubject: Re: Character Types   Character Types I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 21, 2009 10:24 pm

Eevee wrote:

at the LEAST, T+ i think the youngest one here is like 15?
Back to top Go down
Flapper
Admin
Flapper

Character Types Empty
PostSubject: Re: Character Types   Character Types I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 21, 2009 10:25 pm

january wrote:
Eevee wrote:

That would be me.
Back to top Go down
Foster

Foster

Character Types Empty
PostSubject: Re: Character Types   Character Types I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 21, 2009 10:26 pm

Wings wrote:
january wrote:
Eevee wrote:

That would be me.

ohh lol i was looking at joel's age.
Back to top Go down
Sync

Sync

Character Types Empty
PostSubject: Re: Character Types   Character Types I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 21, 2009 10:26 pm

i like the city thing idea.
i realize i have no ref of the character i want to roleplay so i'll get to that in a bit lol.
Back to top Go down
Flapper
Admin
Flapper

Character Types Empty
PostSubject: Re: Character Types   Character Types I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 21, 2009 10:28 pm

I wouldn't worry too much about building the characters yet, unless you guys really want to settle on that theme.
Back to top Go down
Sapphirus

Sapphirus

Character Types Empty
PostSubject: Re: Character Types   Character Types I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 21, 2009 10:29 pm

Hmm.. I know nothing about the Mob life hmm...though have watched movies based off it. Sounds like an interested idea though, it's just it's usually adult based, unless you have some young characters playing a role in like, training to be part of the group from the leader or something...
Back to top Go down
Sync

Sync

Character Types Empty
PostSubject: Re: Character Types   Character Types I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 21, 2009 10:29 pm

oh, it's any already established character. seeing as i could find no roleplay previously i never bothered to make a digital ref e___E
Back to top Go down
Flapper
Admin
Flapper

Character Types Empty
PostSubject: Re: Character Types   Character Types I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 21, 2009 10:30 pm

Perhaps if we do settle on this theme, we can set up either one mob that dominates the city, or perhaps two mobs fighting for control... that would make for some excellent roleplay events.
Back to top Go down
Foster

Foster

Character Types Empty
PostSubject: Re: Character Types   Character Types I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 21, 2009 10:32 pm

also: they tried this (i'm not sure if it was the same exact time period) with the big city, and everyone and their mothers knew how terribly that dream went. you guys have to be super duper serious if you wanna do this and always be up for an RP and never just sitting in the OOC room.
Back to top Go down
Foster

Foster

Character Types Empty
PostSubject: Re: Character Types   Character Types I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 21, 2009 10:33 pm

Sapphirus wrote:
Hmm.. I know nothing about the Mob life hmm...though have watched movies based off it. Sounds like an interested idea though, it's just it's usually adult based, unless you have some young characters playing a role in like, training to be part of the group from the leader or something...

the only adult themes are drugs and guns. so no sex... i don't think anyone here wants to yiff anyway.......
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Character Types Empty
PostSubject: Re: Character Types   Character Types I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Character Types
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next